Thursday 15 July 2010

The final countdown

Quick gym session with Colin last night - then trying to avoid getting soaked through. I had genuinely created a niaive picture in my mind over the first 2 weeks of preparation (its only 3 since i decided to do it so the heedy tmeperatures effected my thoughts) that i'd be cruising around the country, top off, developing a deep mahogany tan............its dawned on me now and I am deesperately scrambling to get a quality rainproof top from Nike (by way of a friend who works there of course).

I've been surprised how much i'm thinking about Friday - not necessarily a bad thing as i feel i'm now going in with my eyes open ready for some battles - mental and physical. Some light distraction was welcome last night - adopting the role of Gok Wan to flatmate James - who has a business golf day today and was worried about getting the chino's and blazer look right.......that look is never great so its making the best of a bad job i say. In the end he was fit for the Hamptons.

Was very excited on the way to work today - partly because i've handed my notice in and that's lifted a weight from my mind - i am now fully commited to my own business start up - while i just cant wait to get started on the trip.

Last things today - get some Chamois cream (the Assos shorts are amazing BTW) and fine tune the ipod. There's everything from 'Reef-Consideration' through to BYOB by System of a Down for when i hit the hills. I also definitely need to delete some 'Our Songs' from girlfriends past - can you imagine them coming on just as i hit a hill in my 9th hour in the saddle...........

No comments:

Post a Comment