Friday 9 July 2010

Lejog Kit test pack - a success

Having taken the plunge on the Topeak RX Quick release beam rack @ £32.99 & Topeak MTX Trunk Bag @ £42.99 today in Evans cycles (who offer online price matches so I saved £5 referencing wiggle) I was keen to see if my 'things to take' would fit. First slight concern is that with the rubber protectors in the rack clamp, it is not wide enough to fit around my seat stem - so i've taken one protector out and its fine - appreciating it will probably scratch the stem to pieces. I managed to fit in:

3 x underpants, 3 times cycling socks, wind gillet, long sleeve base layer, cycling jersey, 1 x casual t shirt, casual shorts, Skins, 3 x inner tubes, toothpaste, toothbrush, lip balm, moisturiser, sun cream, deodorant. i then stuffed my sunglasses in the top mesh, gloves in the side compartment and strap my flipflops on top. It was bursting at the seams - and i would be travelling very minimal with only this kit (i have a small saddle bag with my phone, camera, puncture kit, allenn keys and wallet in). So i've bunjy cord strapped my Canterbury boot bag to the top which will take a towel, tracksuits bottoms, plasters and protein bars etc - it'll also take the pressure off the trunk bag. I can then strap my helmet to the top of that when not needed. Ill add a picture of how it looks soon - all this does make the bike very light on the front though!

No comments:

Post a Comment